Note To Self:
1) Move away from people who notice that you’re sad and tell you that “you should find reasons to be happy”.
2) Move away from people who tell you to be happy just because what’s bothering you is so trivial, and so many people are “going through harder struggles.”
3) Move away from people who think that the way you look is more important than the way you feel.
4) Move away from people who will only love you when you’re enthusiastic, thriving and ambitious. And start pitying you, the moment, you’re not or don’t want to be, any of these things
5) Move away from people who think that you shouldn’t be as vocal, loud and free about expressing your love for someone from the opposite gender, had you been for someone from your own gender.
6) Move away from people who tell you that what you think and feel and want to do, is not as important as what people want you to think and feel and do.
7) Move away from people who think that the time on the clock is more important than the time you’re having.
8) Move away from the idea that you shouldn’t act on your impulses when you have to.
9) Move away from the notion, that even a moment in life lived according to someone else, while denying yourself the experiential beauty and joy of living, is better than death itself.
10) Move away from the unnecessary sounds and the everyday rituals. Find your calm, and choose heart over head always.
Written by Avni Gupta